Following on from our previous mailing, please see below further details on both events:
Afternoon Seminar – 5 February 2019
The meeting will take place during the afternoon of Tuesday 5 February 2019 from 1.30 pm (with lunch available from 12.30 pm) at the offices of Travers Smith LLP, 10 Snow Hill, London EC1A 2AL. If you wish to attend the meeting please register for a place via the SPL website. Please note that as this meeting is usually heavily subscribed, you will not be able to attend if you have not pre-registered. This year the meeting will consist of a number of presentations from:
- Andrew Ninian of the Investment Association who will give us an update as to the IA’s latest thinking on share based remuneration arrangements
- Brendan Dowling and Emma Walker of Estera Trust Services who will be looking at some interesting issues relating to offshore employee benefit trusts
- Tony Spindler (HMRC), Michael Gibban QC (Maitland Chambers) and Sue Tilstone (Deloitte) who will discuss some topical share valuation issues
- Jonathan Bremner QC (Pump Court Tax Chambers) who will provide an update on current issues in employment taxation
- Karoline Herms (Boudicca Proxy Consultants) who will share her insights on recent remuneration corporate governance changes and the role of proxy agencies
Members’ Dinner – 5 February 2019
The SPL Members’ Black Tie Dinner will take place at Saddlers’ Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London EC2V 6BR (this is a different venue to previous years). The evening starts with a drinks reception at 6:30pm and dinner at 7:30pm.
The cost of attending will be £60.00 per person. If you wish to attend the dinner, please email Katie Cozens directly Katie.Cozens@traverssmith.com, who will then get in touch separately with details of how to pay, and to collect any dietary requirements.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
With best wishes
Share Plan Lawyers