Agenda for meeting of the Share Plan Lawyers’ Tax Committee with HMRC on 27 March 2007 to discuss the following:
- impact of age discrimination legislation;
- whether a new right is created where adverse changes to are made to CSOP options with approval of optionholders;
- market value options outside the scope of Chapter 5 of Part 7 ITEPA 2003;
- REITs and SIPs;
- various other points arising from responses from HMRC to questions raised at the December 2006 technical meeting;
- impact of the Companies Act 2006 and changes to company law;
- market value and SIPs;
- tax relief for setting up employee share arrangements;
- nil-paid shares and section 419 ICTA 1988; and
- the procedure for COP 10 applications.
Three attachments to the agenda which are separate documents on the site are as follows:
- Age discrimination – letter dated 23 January 2007 from Kevin Meehan at HMRC regarding Approved Employee Share Schemes: Age Discrimination;
- Paper on changes to company law; and
- Paper regarding schemes of arrangement.