Government consultation on five recommendations made by the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) in its review of non tax advantaged (or ‘unapproved’) employee share schemes published in January 2013 seeking views and evidence on the potential impact of the following five recommendations made by the OTS:
- share for share exchanges and rollovers;
- the availability of corporation tax relief following takeover of a company;
- the taxation of ERS awarded to internationally mobile employees;
- section 222 of the Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 (ITEPA), and the rules concerning the ‘making good’ of amounts paid by an employer in respect of tax on ERS; and
- the valuation rules for listed company shares.